How do I get Anti-virus software?
Faculty, Staff and Students can download the Sophos anti-virus software for free by visiting this link. Note that you will have to log in (to prove that you’re part of the TCNJ community) to access the software.
This software is configured to automatically look for virus update definitions on TCNJ’s server.
Why should I use Anti-virus software?
Anti-virus protects your system from malicious code that is embedded in an attachment you download from e-mail, from a web site you visit, or sent directly to you through the network without your taking any action besides turning on your computer. Anti-virus matches file types to known definitions for viruses, and either doesn’t allow the file to be installed, sends it to a quarantine area or deletes it. This helps keep your personal information safe from hackers, keeps your machine from being turned into a “zombie”
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control Overview
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control for Windows delivers award-winning protection across thousands of Windows desktops, laptops and servers. A single endpoint client detects viruses, spyware and adware, suspicious files, suspicious behavior and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs); monitors the transfer of sensitive and confidential data; and controls the use of removable storage devices and unauthorized VoIP, IM, P2P and gaming software—eliminating the need for separate standalone products.
Award-winning multi-threat protection in one product
- The Sophos virus detection engine protects Windows servers, desktops, laptops and mobile devices applications, removable storage devices and unauthorized VoIP, IM, P2P and gaming software.
- The single client uses a combination of technologies to stop new and unseen threats. Built-in host intrusion prevention system (HIPS) analyzes code before and during execution; Live Anti-Virus protection checks suspicious files against the extensive SophosLabs reputation database.
- Legitimate software applications like VoIP, P2P, IM, media players and games can be blocked or authorized for different groups of computers. This can be centrally controlled using ActivePoliciesTM in Sophos Enterprise ConsoleTM.
- Users are protected from infection from websites hosting malware when they are out of the office with Live URL Filtering integrated into the agent. An automatic live check against the SophosLabs database of millions of compromised websites and will prevent access to any malicious sites.
- Flexible control of removable storage devices enables the authorization of specific devices, enforcement of encrypted devices or even just read-only access. It also controls the use of wireless connections such as modems, including 3G versions.
- The fully integrated content monitoring feature for storage devices and applications—sup- ported by a wide range of data definitions supplied and updated by SophosLabsTM—monitors the transfer of sensitive data and minimizes the risk of accidental data loss against viruses, spyware and adware, suspicious files, suspicious behavior, potentially unwanted
Windows System Requirements
- Windows 7 including XP mode
- Windows Vista*
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows XP Home/Pro SP1a*
- Windows Server 2003/R2**
- Windows 2000 Server/R2
- Windows 2000/Pro SP3
- Windows Netbooks
- Windows XPe SP1a
Disk space required
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/7: 120 MB
- Windows 2000: 120 MB
- Windows 95/98: 90 MB
- Windows NT4: 90 MB
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/7: 256 MB
- Windows 2000: 256 MB
- Windows 95/98: 128 MB
- Windows NT4: 256 MB
Sophos Anti-Virus for Macintosh Overview
As Apple computers grow more popular than ever, they’re an increasingly-enticing target for hackers. And these hackers aren’t just mischief-makers—by targeting your computer or applications you use, these criminals are out to steal and profit from your valuable personal information. Don’t let them. Get free Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac today.
Introducing Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition – It’s easy to install, quiet to run and simple to use—it keeps you safe from viruses, Trojans and worms without getting in your way.
High-grade protection without slowing you down. Best of all, it’s free full-featured anti-virus. You get business-grade protection for your Mac backed by Sophos Labs experts—they’re on the job every day of the year, 24 hours a day. Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition will stop, quarantine and clean up Mac or Windows threats that try to infect your computer including new, unknown threats.
Nobody likes system pop-ups or system slow-downs. That’s why Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition won’t annoy you with messages or take up your computer’s resources. And once you install Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition, you’re the boss. Want it to just scan quietly in the background as you work? No problem. Need to create a custom scan to check what you want and leave out what you don’t? It can do that, too.
- Mac with Intel or PowerPC processor
- 256 MB of memory
- 150 MB of available disk space
- Mac with OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Supports all Apple Mac hardware including iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro and the new MacBook Air